We are excited to announce that Shingley Beach Resort – Whitsundays is the first dog-friendly waterfront apartment complex in Airlie Beach. You and your furry friend are welcome to come and join us in the beautiful Whitsundays for a relaxing holiday away. Please Note: An additional fee of $30 per night will apply for dog-friendly stays.
Listed below is helpful information for the nearby area so you can make the most of your holiday with your dog friend, including details for dog-friendly cafes, bars and off-leash areas.
There is a path directly across the road that leads down to our very own Shingley Beach dog friendly ‘off-leash’ area.
A scenic board walk is conveniently situated in front of the resort. This well maintained path has handy free ‘doggy bags’ and is an ideal walk for you and your mate to explore the beautiful surrounds. Head in either direction to find great pet friendly cafes & beaches!
Of course, once you are in your car, there are many more dog friendly destinations to explore within our beautiful Whitsundays region.
Local Off-Leash Area Map
Local Dog Friendly Restaurants and Cafés
Please note: While The Rainbow Café onsite at Shingley Beach Resort is not dog approved, there are a number of dog friendly restaurants and cafes available to you in Airlie Beach and Cannonvale
https://www.hearthotelwhitsundays.com.au/deck-restaurant/ – outside tables only for pet friendly
Dog Friendly Resort Rules
While we want your dog to enjoy their stay as much as you- there are of course rules to follow for everyone’s benefit.
The following must be adhered to:
- A Pet Security Bond will be applied at the time of booking which will be refunded to you on inspection of the room following your departure. Any damage caused by the animal must be repaired or reported to us (and will be charged back to you). This includes damage to screens, paint work, carpets, furniture, gardens etc. Should any damage be found or additional cleaning be required, monies will be taken from the Bond and the balance refunded. In the event that additional funds are required the provided credit card supplied by you on check-in will be charged.
- The Guest is responsible for any damage caused by pets, inside or outside the property.
- Dogs are to be kept under control at all times. Reports of nuisance behavior (including excessive barking) may result in a request to vacate the property.
- Dogs must not be left unsupervised or alone on the property at any time.
- Your well-behaved dog is welcome inside, but please do not let them on to any furniture. Pets should be cleaned and fully dried off before being allowed to enter the apartment.
- Dogs are permitted ONLY in the apartments that have been reserved as Dog Friendly approved and are not to visit any other apartments.
- Guests are required to remove ALL TRACES of an animal being present at the property. This includes (but is not restricted to) any fur/hair (except on floors), food, stains, smells or faeces.
- All pet feces must be removed from anywhere this may have occurred on the property, bagged and placed in the bins provided throughout the property or an extra cleaning fee of $50 will be charged.
- If the property is found to be flea infested after your departure a $100 pest spray fee will be charged to your account.
- The maximum number of dogs permitted in the apartment at any one time is strictly one (1)
A Pet Agreement must be signed prior to arrival. Please contact reception to receive your signing form at least one day before arrival.